Let’s talk about Parenting
Parenting is the process of supporting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood. There are many different parenting styles. Social class, culture, and nationality can play a big role in determining what methods of child rearing are used by the parents.
To raise a child – to care for and look after a child
To spoil a child – To give a child everything he wants, which results in the child being ungrateful and demanding.
To be a role model – To display good and respectable behaviors so that your children will try to do the same.
- How would you describe an ideal parent?
- What is the best thing about your mother / father?
- Are parenting skills different for women and men?
- What do you think are some of the most difficult problems faced by parents in Japan?
- What do you think is the most important thing to remember about parenting.