- use to express something that you regularly did in the past but you don’t do anymore.
NOTE : DIDN’T USE TO ( for negative statements )
Example sentences :
- I used to have lot of hobbies , but now I don’t have any free time.
- I never used to worry about money , but I do now.
- I didn’t use to follow politics , but now I check headlines online every day.
- When I was a kid , I used to be very messy, but now I’m very neat.
- I used to attend parties to socialize with friends , but now I prefer staying home.
- I didn’t use to like English , but now I enjoy ever lesson.
A: Did you use to collect things?
B: Yes, I used to collect ‘Kinniku Man’ figure.
C: No , I didn’t use to collect anything , but now I collect stamps from different countries.