- English actually originates from what is now called north west Germany and the Netherlands.
- The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
- About 4,000 words are added to the dictionary each year.
- The two most common words in English are I and you.
- The US doesn’t have an official language.
Originates = have a specified beginning ( yurai suru )
Butterfly = a flying insect with brightly colored wings ( Chouchou )
Added= to increase the size ( kuwaemashita )
Most common = happening often (mottomo ippanteki na )
Official language = language that is accepted by a country’s government and people (kouyougo )