This VS That
Let’s master how to to use “this” and “that” in the sentence.
This is used when referring to the object or person to be pointed out. This also indicates that this object or person is near us.
- What kind of book is this?
- Did you break this plate?
- I’m going abroad this week, please email me if anything happens.
- You can still drink this tea.
Using that, we can understand that the person or object we want to indicate is both singular and pointed out to us in a distant place.
- Is that kid looking at me?
- Can you look at that papers, I have a lot of works.
- That post looks like yours, I’m sure you sent this letter to me.