Useful English Phrases
1. Broke – means “to have no money.”
Example: I have to borrow some money from my Dad. Right now, I’m broke.
2. Drop someone a line- means “send a letter or email to someone”
Example: It was good to meet you and I hope we can see each other again. Drop me a line when you have time.
3. In ages– means ” for a long time”
Example: Have you seen Joe recently? I haven’t seen him in ages.
4. Give someone a hand– means “help”
Example: I want to move this desk to the next room. Can you give me a hand?
5. Keep one’s chin up– means “remain brave and keep on trying”
Example: I know things have been difficult for you recently, but keep your chin up. It will get better soon.