First, let us know what homophones are. Homophones are words that have the same pronunciation but different meanings, origins, or spelling. For example: new – knew; eyes-ice etc.
So, let’s have a try!
Direction: Fill in the blanks with the correct homophones in each sentence.
1. ____________ the car or you will hit the pole and ___________ it. ( Brake, break )
2. The snake has a ____________ which runs through the _____________ field. ( Hole, whole )
3. I have ____________to the garden and sown a few ____________ seeds. ( Been, beans )
4. Put the sack of ____________ near that red ____________ pot. ( Flower, flour )
5. He must eat healthy food and then ___________ to gain _____________. ( Wait, weight )