English for Employment
Additional Vocabulary about occupations.
- real state agent – sells houses , property , and buildings
- secretary – types and files office information
- nanny – looks after children
- journalist – writes for magazines and newspapers
- social worker – helps people with family problems
- electrician – installs and fixes lights , wiring and etc.
- accountant – keeps financial records and does tax forms
- receptionist – answers the phone and greets people in an office
- teller – works as a cashier in a bank
- plumber – fixes water pipes , toilets and sinks
- As a real state agent , you have to be good at sales and have good communication skills.
- In Japan , hiring nanny for double income family is not common.
- Nowadays, it’s hard to believe news online because anyone can be a journalist.