SOME QUESTIONS YOU MAY HEAR IN THE AIRPORT
On flights going to or inside most of countries, there are some questions that might be asked during check-in for extra security purposes. As a traveler , it is important to be a aware of the regulations given by the airline companies or the country/ies you are visiting to avoid further delay or problems during your check-in procedure.
Here are some sample questions:
Answer YES to these questions:
- Did you pack your bags yourself?
- Has your luggage been in your possession at all times?
- Are you aware of the regulations regarding liquids in your carry-on?
Answer NO to these questions:
- Are you carrying any firearms or flammable materials?
- Have you left your luggage unattended at any time?
- Has anyone given you anything to carry on the flight?
If you didn’t understand what the airport staff asked/said , you can say Sorry? or Pardon? to ask him or her to repeat it.
If you want to ask for something, you can use the phrase “Can I have…?” or “Could I have…?”