Difference between “since” , “as” and “because”
These are all use to give reasons and causes
“Because” is more common than “ as” and “ since ” and we use it when we want to focus on the reason.
- I will bake a cake for my mother because it’s her birthday tomorrow.
“Since” and “ as” are more formal than “ because” and we use them when we want to focus on the results rather than the reason. They basically placed at the beginning of sentences.
- Since noodles are cheap and easy to cook, they’re very popular.
- As I got promoted last month, I bought a new watch.
as because since
- _________________ it was raining, I couldn’t play soccer with my friends.
- I can’trent an apartment _________________ I am jobless now.
- _________________ my mother is busy today, I have to cook for dinner.
- Alex couldn’t buy souvenirs for us _________________ he didn’t have any money.